1.Performs a variety of supportive and technical nursing skills and utilizes a range of equipment, supplies, medication and other modalities in carrying out specific medical orders for administration of medications and performance of specific treatments, monitoring techniques and other diagnostic, therapeutic and supportive measures. Uses equipment in a safe and effective manner.
2. Supports and assists the Head Nurse in establishing a good working environment in which patients receive a high standard of care.
3. Takes responsibility for the direct delivery of professional and competent patient care by promoting qualit care standards.
4. Acts on behalf or at the direction of the Head Nurse/Charge Nurse in setting and monitoring standards for patient care.
5. Participates in the monitoring of the planning, delivery of care and evaluation of the individualized patient care
6. Informs the Head Nurse/Charge Nurse of any changes in circumstances which affect the standards of care.
7. Establishes and develops effective communications nursing, support services patients and relatives.
8. Maintains safety and well-being of patients and staff in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
9. Provides a safe, therapeutic, personalized physical and psychological environment for patient care.
10. Assists in the formation of nursing care standards/policies and supports the Head Nurse and unit staff in its implementation.
11. Uses equipment and supplies in a cost effective and responsible manner and participates in the procedure for ordering supplies within the agreed budget as delegated.
12. Knowledge and skills in the use, maintenance and safety of equipments and reports incident in a timely manner.
13. Ensures that Infection Control practices are adhered to in accordance with approved Infection Control policies.
14. Ensures that students and temporary staff allocated to the ward have appropriate orientation, teaching and support in accordance with their curricular objectives and reports any matter of concern to the Head Nurse/Charge Nurse.
15. Participates in the care, custody and administration of Medicines in accordance with the hospital policy.
16. Documents and reports all accidents/incidents to Head Nurse/Charge Nurse and Site Manager.
17. Ensures that all nursing documentation is completed accurately and legibly and understands the importance and relevance of their confidential nature.
18. Assist in data collection for monitoring and statistical purposes.
19. Participates in staff orientation and on-going developmental programs.
20. Is responsible for own professional development and growth and remains updated in current professional practices.
21. Is responsible for keeping updated Refresher Nursing Orientation, Lifting and Handling on a two yearly basis.
22. Is responsible for keeping Drug Calculation, Blood Transfusion, POCT, Fire and Safety, CQI-PS, Infection Control, HR orientation, wound care update certification yearly.
23. Is responsible for keeping BLS certification 2 yearly and updated on a 2 yearly basis. (Saudi Heart Council Recommendation).
24. Is responsible to update and complete general nursing skills and unit based nursing skills competency yearly through objective structured clinical assessment. (OSCA)
25. Demonstrates knowledge of the hospital quality program.
26. Takes an evidence-based approach to the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care.
27. Demonstrates effective communication in the work place.
28. Leads quality improvement and facilitates change where appropriate.
29. Collaborates with interdisciplinary health team members in establishing the plan of care for selected patient population.
30. Assists with the resolution of problems on a shift-to-shift basis, with appropriate documentation and follow-up reports to the Head Nurse.
31. Demonstrates high standards of clinical knowledge and practices.
32. Assumes accountability for quality care delivered to patients..Application URL