Overview of the role:
To perform procurement activities of goods and services in accordance with the Group’s policies, procedures, and regulations. This role will be responsible to procure quality and cost-effective material and create, negotiate, and finalize subcontracts, rate agreements, and labour supply agreements as per Al-Futtaim Engineering and Technologies (AFET) requirements, with the minimum turnaround time, to enhance the company's profitability, by delivering efficient, professional procurement services. Duties include planning, scheduling, initiating, monitoring, and quality assurance of all procurement and contract activities. Work requires independent and professional judgment and is performed under the general direction of the Head of Procurement. To do this, will require innovation, process-driven with a good financial and logical approach to the procurement function to ensure overall satisfaction of Al-Futtaim Engineering and Technologies (AFET)’s stakeholders.
What you will do:
• Procurement professional, assigned to manage Procurement transactions related to Low Current Systems/ICT Systems.
• Provide a cost effective, efficient, and professional procurement services to a multiple of projects, clients, divisions, and businesses within AFET.
• Develop procurement plans and requisition schedules along with AFET units.
• Adapt standard form of contracts, in conjunction with Group legal, for the procurement of various maintenance agreements, service agreements, and agreements of purchase.
• Prepare Request for Quotations and issue them to appropriate vendors for bidding.
• Process requisitions for engineered and non-engineered goods, in a timely manner and ensure that the best commercial option is selected for company’s benefit.
• Prepare purchase orders, rate and framework agreements, and labour supply agreements with clearly agreed terms and conditions, to mitigate the company’s exposure to various risks.
• Actively participate in the development of labour supply strategies of the various projects and divisions, along with creating action plans, negotiating, and concluding the labour supply agreements and rates with a multiple of qualified vendors, and coordinating and implementing the agreed upon strategies with the stakeholders.
• Ensure materials ordered conform to the specifications and to the required quality.
• Responsible for effectively negotiating through on-line and offline for pricing, delivery and commercial terms, monitoring supplier performance in every milestone, proper reconciliation of purchase orders, closure of commitments, recovery of cost, uploading back in the ERP system.
• Assist in resolving any commercial problems, which result prior to or after placement of the purchase order.
• Prepare regular status reports on outstanding orders and highlight any potential problems before they occur.
• Undertake vendor development and analysis.
• Ensure purchasing, expediting, and material control functions are performed to the company standards.
• Review expenditure against approved budgets.
• Review enquiry and material delivery status and take (or recommend) appropriate recovery action where required.
• Ensure that purchasing and vendor records are fully maintained and updated.
• Participate in quality audits and expedite closeout of any findings.
• Participate in price negotiation for engineered equipment and significant bulk material orders with a view to achieving substantial savings for the company.
• Ensure timely procurement and delivery of approved materials, in accordance with schedule requirements.
• Implement the strategy of consolidated opportunities for collaborative procurement.
• Ensure that the stakeholders are kept up to date with the status of the orders.
• Co-ordinate with concerned stakeholders for timely updates on requisitions status, in accordance with schedule requirements.
• Promote inter-departmental communication.
• Ensure that all approvals comply with the Group’s authority matrix.
Process & System
• Apply the P2P ERP Process for all procurement transactions by creating POs/Contracts via ERP system.
• Monitor procurement process to maintain efficiency of daily operations.
• Provide guidance to the assigned team members to ensure compliance to the procurement process.
• Assist the head of department in transforming the system to an efficient automated system of procurement process.
• Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
• Implement the set administrative, purchasing, and clerical procedures to maintain efficiency of the Procurement function.
• Ensure approvals are obtained in accordance with the relevant policies and the Delegation of Authority (DOA).
People Excellence (internal/external customer engagement and relationship management):
• To create an environment where the company's values are clearly visible.
• To create an environment which is a great place to work for you and your colleagues through your dedication, enthusiasm, sharing of knowledge, honesty, and desire to support others.
• To display excellent standards in all you do and inspire others to do the same, and that you operate within legislative/regulatory and company policies and procedures.
• To display confidence, self-belief, and openness to new ideas, adapting and embracing challenges and opportunities with a determination to excel.
• Continuously develop own skills by attending all required training courses and maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of products, services, systems, and work processes