To oversee and manage the implementation, monitoring and auditing of HSSE policies and standards for all projects in a Region to ensure overall protection of the assets and personnel against any HSSE risk and strict adherence to HSSE compliance standards set by NOMAC and regulatory authorities.
Strategy & Plans:
- Develop the HSSE Regional strategy in line with the functional strategy to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing strategies.
- Regularly report to the Director on the operational activities of region, challenges and issues faced, mitigations taken, etc. as required, to keep them informed and updated on the division's activities.
Budget Management: Contribute to the preparation of the HSSE budget, manage and monitor the financial performance against the budget so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon.
Technical Services and Guidance:
- Provide technical and HSSE management support and leadership to the Regional HSSE teams, Plant General Managers etc., and attend meetings with their contractors, sub-contractors, and vendors, to review HSSE progress and advise on HSSE management and performance improvement.
- Proactively identify HSSE risks during the development phase of all the projects in the assigned geography to ensure all possible risks are identified, evaluated and prioritized and corrective measures are finalized.
- Participate in risk assessments and task reviews of key activities to support site teams, and identify and prevent probable HSSE hazards leading to significant losses.
HSSE Management Systems: Monitor and support the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Region's HSSE management systems and ensure they conform to NOMAC standards, HSSE legal requirements and contractual obligations.
HSSE Management, Monitoring, and Reporting
- Conduct site HSSE tours and inspections to evaluate the effectiveness and compliance of each Plant's HSSE management and performance to ensure adherence with the HSSE policies and procedures.
- Lead regular HSSE meetings with the HSSE personnel from each Plant to review HSSE management and performance, priorities actions, and escalate outstanding HSSE issues to the Head of O&M in Cluster, to ensure timely resolution of issues.
- Review and assure the Region's / Plant's periodic HSSE management and performance reports to understand the key HSSE issues / incidents and develop further strategies to mitigate the risks.
- Monitor the effectiveness of HSSE training to ensure that the Plant employees and all HSSE personnel are competent and effective.
- Provide advice to the Plant employees, HSSE personnel and contractors on the content of HSSE standards, in order to create awareness regarding HSSE expectations.
- Share the best practices, HSSE campaigns and lesson learnt between the Plants, Regions, and Group HSSE, in order to ensure alignment of the quality delivered.
- Maintain positive working relationships with National and Regional regulators, emergency services, contractors, to ensure mutual support and adherence to HSSE compliance requirements.
- Regularly liaise and engage with the Regional / Plant HSSE teams to offer and receive support and ensure that HSSE management and performance are aligned with the current standards and practices.
Emergency Planning and Response
- Review the testing and adequacy of the HSSE emergency plans related to the Plants and offices, to ensure readiness to respond in case of emergency.
- Report and respon
Source : www.bayt.com