To provide overall direction to the plant teams and lead all the activities within the plant to ensure the safe, reliable and efficient operations of the plant, optimum utilization of resources and delivery of uninterrupted supply of Power / Water in accordance with the defined standards, whilst fulfilling all contractual obligations in order to maximize revenue.
Strategy & Plans
- Develop the plant strategy in line with NOMAC's Operations and Maintenance strategy to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies across.
- Regularly report to the Manager on the operational and maintenance activities of the plant, challenges and issues faced, mitigations taken, etc. as required, to keep them informed and updated on the plant's activities.
- Prepare board presentations that include financial figures, plant warranty issue and operational and manpower issues etc., in order to keep them up to date of all statistics and records relevant to the plant.
- Manage and monitor the performance of direct and indirect reports, defining workforce requirements and recruiting, in conjunction with the Human Resources function, to ensure competent, qualified and highly motivated employees are available to enable the achievement of the plant objectives.
- Manage the effective achievement of the team's objectives through setting individual objectives, developing the team and providing formal and informal feedback to maximise overall performance, engagement and motivation.
- Manage and provide overall direction and guidance on talent development initiatives to mentor, coach and challenge subordinates providing opportunities for growth and development to ensure continuous progression and a high level of competence within the team.
- Develop the Plant's Operating budget and manage and monitor the financial performance against the budget on a regular basis, so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon.
- Understand the financial metrics /costs/ contractual obligations of the project, to ensure the achievement of the revenue, costs, profitability and productivity targets.
Production Planning: Lead and ensure the effective cascading of the operational strategy and plans into mid to short terms production plans and monitor their performance against the target to ensure optimization of resource utilization, plant availability and operating efficiency of the plant, whilst achieving the defined production targets.
Operations and Maintenance
- Provide overall direction to plant operations and maintenance teams to meet approved production objectives while providing technical guidance and expertise to ensure timely resolution of issues and recommend changes to approved procedures considering technological developments and changing business conditions.
- Plan and direct for minor and major changes within the plant and its respective processes to ensure a safe working environment while also maintaining plant efficiency levels, as per the approved procedures.
- Have a thorough understanding of the contractual obligations and clauses with the Project Company and ensure that they are continuously met at all times.
- Direct the teams on operations and maintenance strategies and oversee the root cause analysis and investigations in order to correct any abnormal conditions and resolve performance deficiencies
- Provide guidance to direct subordinates on potential risk areas in order to improve the long-term reliability of th
Source : www.bayt.com