Kitchen Team Leader | Retail | IKEA | QATAR
Overview of the role:
Under the general supervision of the Kitchen Manager, responsible for running multiple sections in the kitchen, managing a team of workers responsible for keeping the section organized so that meals go out on time and as planned, and the work area remains clean and orderly.
What you will do:-
Description of Accountability:
- Direct the preparation, cooking and presentation of culinary dishes; enforcing strict health and hygiene standards in the kitchen and troubleshooting any problem that may arise in the section assigned to
- Coordinate with his subordinates regarding stocks and ingredients available to proactively produce food in accordance to the time allotted
- Handle the sections staffing and roster attending to any problem that may arise with regard to the attendance of the staff or any additional manpower needed for production
- Develop and plan the menu with other chefs in the kitchen, according to the market needs and customer’s preference (Market specific)
- Actively work with the senior culinary team to increase work knowledge and expertise in all areas of production
- Supervise and coordinate activities of commis chefs and co-workers engaged in food preparation
- Collaborate with the culinary team to secure plate presentation and production according to recipe cards
- Delegate work to subordinates, observe working methods and coordinate with senior production co-workers on necessary training to increase productivity and performance
- Insure all equipment and machineries are working according to highest standards, and securing Preventive maintenance is done frequently and in place
- Perform other related functions that may be assigned from time to time.
Source : www.bayt.com