Network and Security Engineer primarily role is to discern, prevent and resolve security threats to computer networks. This position also maintains the integrity and confidentiality of the company's data and information systems.
Job Responsibilities 1
Principal Accountabilities * Maintains computing environment by identifying network requirements, installing upgrades, and monitoring network performance. * Contributes to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices considering international leading practice, improvement of business process, cost reduction and productivity. * Ensures network security best practices are implemented through auditing: router, switch, firewall configurations, change control, and monitoring.
Job Responsibilities 2
1. Enhances security team accomplishments and monitoring computer networks for security threats or unauthorized users and identifying compromised machines and report on security measures taken to address threats. * Number of information security-related incidents that impact the operational effectiveness of the business each year * Efficiency of solutions implemented to prevent occurrence of same incidents
2. Analyzes security risks and develop response procedures. Assists in developing and testing software deployment tools, firewalls and intrusion detection systems. * Ensures effectiveness of the information security program and strategies in aligning with business goals and initiatives of the organization * Manages responsiveness to emerging threats
3. Plans security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices; designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software; adhering to industry standards. * Oversees the impact of security threats and attacks on the organization compared to the impact of these same threats and attacks on competitors and peer organizations * Monitors frequency of evaluation being done per quarter and accuracy of reports generated.
4. Configures and operates layer backbone optical network solutions and services. Interface layer 2/3 hardware compare for seamless integration and operation of unified IP infrastructure. * Verifies security systems in accordance with company’s policies and procedures and by implementing them towards organizational goal
5. Verifies security systems in accordance with company’s policies and procedures and by implementing them towards organizational goal. * Number of policies, agreements and contracts that are updated with required language to provide appropriate risk mitigation from legal actions
6. Maintains security by development of network standards and operational procedures. * The staff awareness of the information security program and its capabilities within the organization
Additional Responsibilities 3
Job Knowledge & Skills
• Knowledge of Network Security, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Protocols, Networking Standards • Knowledge of security network devices (firewalls, switches, SIEM, Antivirus, cryptography, etc.) and other security networking hardware/software tools. • Experience in LAN and WAN technologies, network design, network management etc. • Knowledge of network infrastructure and network hardware • Expertise in computer languages and operating systems • Knowledge of application of application transport and network infrastructure protocols. - • Knowledge in network and secu Application URL