To supervise and manage the electrical maintenance activities in the plant, including all preventive and corrective maintenance, planned outages and overhauling work activities for all electrical equipment in accordance with overall maintenance plans, HSE guidelines and quality standards to ensure plant availability and equipment reliability.
Supervise the activities and work of the team members to ensure that targets and objectives are achieved and the business plan is delivered in line with the required policies, processes, procedures and systems.
- Monitor the Electrical preventive and corrective maintenance and overhauling work activities to ensure continuity and reliability of plant electrical equipment.
- Manage the timely response to all emergency breakdowns and provide prompt corrective action to ensure plant availability, thereby minimising downtime and possibility of liquidity damages.
- Develop and promote a condition based preventive maintenance culture on day to day basis by conducting troubleshooting and root cause analyses, finding solutions to reduce reactive maintenance.
Troubleshooting and Technical Guidance:
- Troubleshoot critical problems/breakdowns of Electrical equipment and investigate, diagnose faults to determine best proper action/repairs while ensuring they comply with NOMAC's quality and HSE standards.
- Review and analyse electrical equipment maintenance data and conduct site engineering studies to determine the feasibility of introducing modifications to increase reliability and efficiency of plant, thereby ensuring continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Prepare feasibility studies for new installations, replacements or repair of existing electrical equipment including technical evaluation, specifications and materials for modifications in addition to process diagrams and cost estimates and ensure proper follow up reports and evaluation on completed modifications.
- Participate in the effective forecasting of manpower and material requirements to ensure timely availability of resources and spares for effective execution of Electrical maintenance plans.
- Coordinate the planning and execution of the annual outage maintenance of critical electrical equipment, as per the recommendation of the OEM and defined best practices, and provide technical support to ensure the EHS, scope, cost, and timeline objectives are met.
Ensure that all maintenance documentation for the electrical activities are completed in SAP correctly including the Maintenance Log, outlining the fault, method of repair and the time, labour and materials used to support timely availability of information.
Health, Safety, Security & Environment:
- Ensure strict adherence to all relevant HSSE and permit to work system, instructions and controls and procedures are complied with so that the safety of employees and environmental compliance can be guaranteed.
- Together with HSE department, ensure that safety rules and regulations are fully explained to plant employees / contractor staff and appropriate safety and protective equipment is worn; safety notices are prominently displayed in all work areas and that all accidents and incidents are efficiently investigated and analysed whilst ensuring that measures are implemented to avoid any recurrence.
- Lead the preparation of monthly / annual requirements for equipment, spare parts and general materials for the electrical unit within the plant to support timely availability of requirements as per maintenance plans and budget constraints.
- Conduct technical evaluations, in collabor
Source : www.bayt.com