The role holder will have contact with children and/or young people intensively because S/he works in country programs.
ROLE PURPOSE: Under the supervision of the Medical Officer with technical support the counsellor will help the Medical officer in implementing project activities, particularly Social Officer component that will include building the capacity of the Health team and direct services for individuals with mental health problems providing basic counselling and other interventions. The Health Programme is currently focused on mothers & babies health and nutrition, MHPSS and community based mechanisms for mobilization, awareness raising and engagements. The post holder will be working in the conflict and emergency affected communities to directly identify and register vulnerable, disable, SRP case missing babies. He/she will also support community based PSS initiatives like mother and baby Friendly Spaces, and Health Facilities.
The incumbent of this position represents SRP values and principles in interactions with staff and external audiences. These values and principles include commitment to the mission in Turkiye team orientation, quality management and leadership development, introducing systems and procedures to strengthen staff motivation and productivity. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Medical Officer
- Internal: All Staff and in SRP with relavant qualification and experience
- External: County level sections, Local and International NGOs and SRP in the field location
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Identification and registration of psychosocial needs of beneficiaries based on the vulnerability criteria of Hatay/Turey PSS standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Actively promote the availability of counseling services and carry out, individual or group counselling (psychological first aid (PFA) and psychosocial support (PSS), basic psychoeducational sessions to children, adolescents and caregivers/ families (when needed), in order to alleviate their psychosocial difficulties
- Refer clients to other specialists or other institutions for further assistance, when necessary, in line with the available local referral pathways, to ensure effective and efficient case management process.
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for counseling activities and maintain and update
- Keep files and statistics of daily activities and participate in team meetings to share experiences and discuss special cases with the supervisor respecting confidentiality, and or with MHPSS Technical Specialist.
- Support caseworkers, PSS facilitators and community mobilizers in emergency response and comprehensive case management issues relevant to the role.
- Actively engage the case and caregiver(s) to participate in the case management process and share information appropriately in line with case management information management protocol
- Ensure that files, registers and computer databases are used in an appropriate and correct manner and ensure case workers adhere to proper documentation and data protection protocols
- Document best practice, case studies and learnings for reporting and evaluation purposes.
- Prepare and submit Social Officer reports regularly as indicated by the reporting schedule, and submit to the Medical Officer
- Plan and conduct awareness raising sessions on prevention and in response to concerns identified.
- Conduct monthly regular meetings with community groups and stakeholders to monitor progress and ensure smooth running of the project.
- Performs other functions related to Health activities and initiatives that may be assigned by Medical officer.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice) (Section should not consist of Competencies as this are the standard Values in practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling SRP values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for SRP, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Minimum Diploma in social sciences, social work or community development
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum Diploma in counselling, social sciences, social work, community development or any other SocialOfficer related training
- Nutrition and Medical preferable with humanitarian Organization.
- Excellent technical understanding of child protection and community based approached.
- Knowledge of the area, socio-culture and local language where the post is located as an added advantage
- Work experience with children and families, especially knowledge of child rights and participation
- Experience in community facilitation and mobilisation.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please send your updated CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of your email being ‘SRP-SO-001.
Referans code : SRP-SO-001.
E-posta : email@example.com
Please send your application to the email address with reference code.
Source : gelbasla.com