The Director of Programs, under the direct supervision of the Chief Executive Director and Overall Supervision of the President of the Organization, oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of the Program Department including planning, organizing, staffing, leading and controlling program activities.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Executive Director and Overall Supervision of the President of the Organization shall perform the following duties:
1- Directs, guides, and supervises the staff in the Programs Department;
2- Responsible for evaluation and development of the department and staff;
3- Maintains the internationally and nationally recognized standards to select and implement projects and activities;
4- Develops new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
5- Develops and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program
6- Ensures that the selected projects and activities are in accordance with the Organization’s strategy and objectives;
7- Manages the budget of projects and activities in the best possible manner and for the well-being of the people and interest of issues of concern;
8- Drafts, reviews, revises, edits and amends project proposals;
9- Ensures that the projects are well explored, assessed and analyzed prior to submission for approval;
10- Follows up the implementation of the projects and activities to ensure that they are carried out according to the approved terms, work-plan and timeline;
11- Is the focal point for communicating, dealing with, monitoring and evaluating the implementing partners and service providers for issues related to projects;
12- Reports the progress of projects and activities to the Chief Executive Director;
13- Represents the foundation in meetings with the government and non-government entities, including organization partners and donors, for projects related matters;
14- Finalizes regular reports such as monthly, quarterly and final reports as well as external reports for the donors;
15- Performs any other task that might be requested by the Chief Executive Director or the President.
• University degree in Business Management, or related fields,
• At least five years of experience in project management or project implementation,
• Excellent interpersonal communication and teamwork skills,
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills mainly in English, Kurdish, and Arabic,
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and project management tools,
• Excellent team player, dedicated, and problem-solving ability,
• High professional ethics and confidentiality standards in a diverse workplace,
• Conducting field trips and travel to other cities/countries as per job requirement,
• Flexibility with regard to long working hours or working in weekends if required.
- Please send your CV to (HR@weoiraq.org).
- Please state the job title in the subject line: (Director of Programs)
- CVs in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications past the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.