Première Urgence Internationale is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization.
PUI has been working in Iraq since 1983. Its core objective is to provide a humanitarian response to the needs arising from population displacements in Iraq, through reinforcement and strengthening of the existing health system, provision of Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS), and by enhancing access to shelter, drinking Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH). PUI is currently implementing Health, MHPSS, WASH and shelter projects in Federal Iraq and the Kurdistan Region of Iraq, through bases in Erbil and Baghdad.
The Admin officer will support Baghdad base administration department under the direct supervision of the Field coordinator.
He/she will ensure the smooth recruitment process in Baghdad base and actively participate in the implementation of HR processes and tools and support their development. He/she will animate the HR department in order to provide a proper support to other departments and improve the delay and quality of recruitment within the base. He/she also ensures the implementation and respect of PUI policies and internal staff regulations.
He/she actively participates in the financial forecasts of the different departments. He/she actively supports planning the payments in respect of PUI processes and in coordination with the logistic department. He/she contributes to accounting processes to ensure their compliance with PUI standards.
Responsibilities and scope of duties
Specific goals and related activities
1. Implementation of PUI policies and refreshment.
- He/She supports the implementation and respect of internal policies. All employees must have full understanding of these policies and show commitment to respect their provisions throughout their employment duration. Policies and rules to be implemented and respected are:
- Anti-fraud and anti-corruption policy.
- Child protection Policy.
- Sexual exploitation and abuse Policy.
- PUI Charter.
- PUI Internal Staff Regulations
- Any internal memos communicated from the Admin Coordination or Head of Mission
- He/She assists line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures.
- He/She ensures that the full recruitment process is implemented and respected with the support of the Admin coordinator. This includes:
- Reception and validation of Job description and recruitment requests
- Advertisement of the announcement, using the adapted canal
- CV collection and support the requester for selection.
- Advise the future line manager about the more relevant way to proceed test and interviews.
- Organization of technical test
- Support the requester with test correction, creation and communication of scoring grid, ensure the confidentiality of applicant’s data, consolidate scoring grids.
- Organize interviews for selected candidates and support requester with interview forms.
- Contact and collection of reference checks
- He/She guarantees the respect of neutrality, ethic and impartiality during the recruitment process.
- He/She ensure preparation of local staff contracts and agreements (new recruitments, contract extensions or renewals) and ensure each staff is aware of contract terms and conditions.
- He/She ensure the organization of induction briefings for all local staff in a delay of 2 weeks after arrival. All employees must receive the following briefings:
- HR: Internal regulation and policies
- Management briefing (for manager positions)
- Programs (for each current projects of the base)
4. Individual HR Follow-up
- On a regular basis, he/she ensures the appropriate communication between local staff and HR department.
- He/She ensures an available consultancy time for all local staff.
- He/She ensures the management of interpersonal conflicts that arise on his/her site, and refers the matter to the Field coordinator, in the event that he/she is not able to resolve dispute.
- He/She ensures a follow up of employee’s careers for the national staff, in collaboration with the line
managers and the Field coordinator.
- He/She implements appraisal follow up and training for managers.
- He/She ensure that all staff are regularly appraised by the relevant people.
- He/She supports line managers in performing qualitative appraisals and managing their outcome.
- He/She ensures that all supporting documents related to each local staff contract are archived: Première Urgence Internationale badge, ID and driving license copies, blood type justification, certificates.
- He/She ensure to soft archiving policy is respected.
- He/She ensure that all the documents are properly files according to the archive procedure (hard and soft copies)
- He/She ensures that all managers are always aware of HR and Finance procedures.
- He/She manages and follows the organization of HR and Finance trainings for managers (regular refreshment and implementation of new processes)
- With the support of the Admin coordinator and Field coordinator, He/She drafts and implements general training plan for all local staffs. All the staff must be trained on a regular basis on general topic. He/She defines the training topics in collaboration with other departments.
8. HR data base
- On a daily basis, He/She ensure the quality and accuracy of the monthly HR data base.
- He/She ensure the leaves validation, registration and follow up for all local staff of Baghdad Base.
- In the respect of deadlines, He/She sends the monthly data base to the Admin coordintoe.
- He/She contributes to ensuring the enforcement of cash payments rules to the Baghdad base.
- He/She supervises the physical check of the hard copy accounting and ensure that the procedure of hard copy accounting is respected on the base.
- He/She ensure the sending of all supporting documents linked to the monthly accounting closing to the coordination.
- He/She contributes to the annual accounting closing with administrative team and under the supervision of the Field coordinator (accruals expenses, prepaid expenses, etc)
- He/She ensures the preparation for and support audits or possible inspections.
10. Financial Management and budgeting for the base
- Under supervision the Field coordinator, He/She updates the Financial Follow Up document (FFU) on a monthly basis, and send it to the field for monthly review.
- He/she will be responsible of OFUs update following up with the line manages.
- He/She provides guidance and analysis regarding eligible expenses and budget allocations.
- He/She manages the follow up cash forecast.
- He/She contribute to the cash transfers to the bases with the validation of Field coordinator. He/she will also be constantly alert for security issues in transferring and holding funds.
- He/She ensures the security of the cash and confidentiality of information.
- On a regular basis, He/She sends the appropriate and requested reports to coordination, with Field coordinator validation
- He/She ensures a proper communication between the HR and finance team of the base
Direct management: N/A
Indirect management: N/A
Internal: Baghdad team
External: local authorities, humanitarian actors.
Required knowledge and skills
|EDUCATION / TRAINING
|KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Required Personal Characteristics (fitting into the team, suitability for the job)
In order to submit an application, all candidates are invited to fill the following google form by clicking on the link below:
Premiere Urgence is an equal opportunity employer. Females are highly encouraged to apply.
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply for This Position.
Premiere Urgence will proceed to the preselection of candidates on a rolling basis and reserve the right to close the advertisement as soon as a candidate is identified for the position. Therefore, you are kindly invited to submit your application as soon as possible.
Kindly note that all applications received by email or by paper will not be considered. Only those submitted through the application link will be processed.
Premiere Urgence International thank you for your interest in the organization.”