Under the general guidance of the Head, Transition and Recovery Division, the overall supervision of the Programme Coordinator (Transition and Recovery), the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HoSO) and the direct supervision of the Senior project Assistant, the successful candidate will perform the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Work closely with different IOM units and other organizations to establish service referral initiatives.
- Profile and mobilize families in the targeted communities for potential enrollment in the IOM services.
- Facilitates access to resources provided by communities, NGOs, Private sector, and other actors working in the areas. This includes housing, food, clothing, school programs, vocational opportunities, or services.
- Facilitate administrative and logistical requirements of the program by coordinating with different teams in IOM and submit appropriate supporting documents to initiate the payment delivery process.
- Facilitate the enrollment of the targeted beneficiaries to different livelihoods services and prepare appropriate livelihoods service plans based on the different assessments.
- Provide mentorship and coaching services to beneficiaries and ensure that the developed livelihoods plans are on track.
- Work closely with selected IOM beneficiaries to make informed decisions by acting as their advocate throughout the program and advise when appropriate.
- Handle case assignments, draft service plans, review case progress and provide recommendations to determine case closure.
- Work closely with different IOM teams and develop effective working relations with different teams in IOM throughout the entire case management process.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in social sciences, psychology, international development or any related fields from an accredited university with 3 years of relevant professional experience.
Experience and Skills:
- Background in social work, case management, mental health, disability care, substance abuse recovery, geriatric care, and long-term care.
- Experience in socioeconomic field; working experience with international organizations is an advantage.
- Experience in case management.
- Good computer skills (MS Office, Internet).
- Good initiative and ability to plan and manage activities with limited supervision.
- Capacity to work under pressure and hardship environment.
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, and drive for results
- Ability to work harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Fluency in English, Kurdish (Kirmanji) and Arabic is required.
- Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Positive, constructive attitude.
- Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a minimum of comfort.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion, and loyalty.
- Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Source : NGOs Jobs & Bids