Under the general guidance of the Programme Coordinator (MHPSS), the overall supervision of the Programme Officer (MHPSS), the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HoSO) and the direct supervision of the Senior MHPSS Assistant/TL, the successful candidate will perform the following duties.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Support in collecting data & identifying the vulnerable beneficiaries and trainers.
- Support the implementation of activities and training.
- Visit host and returnee communities and gather accurate information on their number, location,
background, and other basic data as requested.
- Support the community mapping and conflict training activities.
- Facilitate meetings with local youth networks and other actors.
- Facilitate icebreakers, energizers, and structured training.
- Lead the announcement of activities and public events.
- Develop a weekly plan along with the staff.
- Participate effectively in internal coordination meetings.
- Provide feedback and suggestions to the Area Coordinator and related person.
- Provide logistic support for beneficiaries, trainers, and staff when needed.
- Document activities with pictures and notes.
- Coordinate with the local community for joint activities and cooperation.
- Facilitate roundtable discussions with participants in IOM training and IOM staff for the review and validation of the training content.
- Deliver reports at the end of each activity with recommendations.
- Ensure that confidentiality and the right to privacy are maintained with regard to confidential information.
- Contribute to monthly reporting requirements to area coordinator.
- Conduct family visits to identify vulnerable families and connect them with the staff.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited academic university or institute with 2 years of relevant professional experience, or;
- Completed high school diploma/certificate with 4 years of relevant professional
Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge and experience in humanitarian programs for returnee
- Experience in implementation of activities and
- Experience with international organizations, INGO an
- Experience in coordinating with the local community for joint activities and
- Experience in communicating and working with the local community including people of culturally diverse
- Appropriate field experiences, with excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Appropriate field experiences in the target location with excellent communication and interpersonal
- Fluency in Arabic and working knowledge of English is required.
- Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Positive, constructive attitude.
- Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a minimum of comfort.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion, and loyalty.
- Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Source : NGOs Jobs & Bids