- Prepare and organize financial documents, assist in bill management, payment settlements and external audit compliance.
- Maintain close coordination with the project teams, finance and accounting team in Berlin and local partners in Iraq within the necessary parameters to implement project activities.
- Support payroll processing including file and record keeping.
- Develop and maintain electronic and manual filling tracking systems of financial transactions taking place between HQ and country Office and projects.
- Maintain accurate records of all financial activities.
- Prepare and submit financial reports for all relevant country projects.
- Support in budget development and other financial requirements for potential projects.
Your knowledge, experiences and skills:
- You are a national of Iraq.
- You preferably hold a bachelor’s degree (accred. Universities) within a relevant field or equal experience.
- You must have more than 4-5 years of relevant work experience in the fields related to finance.
- You have worked with an NGO in Iraq during your career within the field of finance.
- You are familiar with the standard NGO finance and banking processes in Iraq.
- You have experience in remote communication & cooperation.
- You possess excellent verbal and written language skills in English and Kurdish. Arabic would be an added advantage.
- Professional skills in the use of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Teams).
- Flexible and able to address challenges creatively.
- Strong communication skills via online and hybrid formats
- Curiosity and strong empathetic/intercultural skills
- Ability to work under time-pressure
What you can expect from us:
- Highly experienced and engaged community of practice
- Highly relevant, insightful and challenging tasks
- Confidence based flexible working hours
- Flexibility regarding office vs. mobile working solutions
- If needed – advisory services regarding visa matters and travel conditions
- Please submit your CV (in PDF format in English) and 2 professional references (letters or contact information) by 15.02.2024 (ending with end of business hours) via email to
subject line: Iraq- Finance Focal point
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Source : NGOs Jobs & Bids