Are you passionate about ensuring transparency, responsibility, and effectiveness in humanitarian aid? Action for Humanity is offering an exciting internship opportunity as an Accountability Focal Point. As an integral member of our team, you will play a crucial role in promoting accountability mechanisms, fostering trust among stakeholders, and maximizing the impact of our humanitarian efforts.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE (BRIEF):
The Accountability Intern will be the focal point for managing the complaints feedback mechanism for the country and field offices and/or projects facilities in close coordination with the MEAL, HR, Programs teams.
- Act as focal point and first line responsible for the feedback and complaint email.
- Holds the hotline and complaints WhatsApp mobile phone a ensures proper communication with the complainers and to collect all necessary information.
- Receive and collect complaints from different channels on regular basis.
-Document all received complaints, assign them a unique code, and add them to the tracker.
- Filter the received cases and separate the right holders from the staff’s complaints.
- Communicate the programmatic complaints to the respective program or project coordinator.
- Assist in the design and implementation of accountability mechanisms in line with international standards.
- Facilitate community consultations and feedback sessions to ensure the inclusion of affected populations in decision-making processes.
- Communicate staff complaints directly to the dcd to instruct the necessary actions.
-Follow up on the referred concerns.
- Communicate the feedback to the beneficiaries after receiving answers from relative concerned parties in writing.
- Document the closed cases in the tracker and record the findings.
- Prepare monthly reports on the number of received complaints and their status.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
-Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team.
- Proficient in English, Kurdish and Arabic is mandatory.
Fresh graduate in a relevant field (e.g., International Development, Social Sciences, law etc.)
Interested candidates can send their updated CVs & cover letters to the following email address:
Please make sure to state the following job code 02-24-AFP within the email subject title.
Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the vacancy can be filled prior to the stated closing date.
All applicants are subject to a satisfactory screening check and at least 2 professional references.
Action for humanity doesn’t discriminate in its recruitment process against any race, religion, or gender and maintains a transparent recruitment process.
Action for Humanity is committed to maintaining all necessary safeguarding measures to protect and promote the well-being of all individuals who have a direct and/or indirect relationship with the organization and expects all staff, volunteers, consultants, and suppliers to share this commitment.
The humanitarian intervention of Action for Humanity has no political, or religious affiliation nor has any monetary purpose