The Lawyer works under the overall guidance and supervision of the Project Manager, and is mainly responsible for providing legal support to Tdh beneficiaries, including counselling, issue civil documentations, representation to children in contact with the law at courts, and possible further legal actions. As part of the case management team, the lawyer will identify and assist beneficiaries with legal needs such as documentation. The Lawyer will identify the capacity-building needs of Baghdad based A2J staff and prepare and execute an internal capacity-building plan under the supervision of the PM.
- Provide information, advice/counselling and further legal support to Tdh beneficiaries as part of the case management process.
- Under leadership of the project manager, provide service and support of legal representation at courts and issuance of civil documentations to children in contact with the law.
- Respond to cases through the relevant legal channels within negotiated and agreed deadlines.
- Liaise closely with the Project Manager and A2J Supervisor in order to receive referrals and provide accurate and updated feedback on cases.
- Coordinate with relevant legilslative authorities/bodies and court systems to conclude referred cases.
- Liaise closely with caseworkers in order to provide accurate and updated advise for beneficiaries.
- Conduct legal research and analysis when necessary and for developing training materials.
- Coordinate with partners and legal aid providers, including joint case management of cases.
- Coordinate the collection, preservation and management of all information and documentation collected from the field and specifically from beneficiaries.
- Ensure compliance with Tdh policies, guidelines and standards.
- Provide technical support and capacity building towards project staff.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Upon request, perform interpretation and translation from Arabic /English and vice versa.
- Travel within Iraq and inside KRI, as needed, on mission and for training.
- Maintain and ensure a culture of strict confidentiality - among Tdh staff and between Tdh staff and non-Tdh employees or beneficiaries.
- Undertake all other duties as assigned by the PM that are compatible with the job.
Competencies: This function requires the mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC)
- Knowledge of child protection, psychosocial support (PSS), psychological first aid (PFA), case management (CM), gender-based violence (GBV) and others related topics.
- Strong knowledge of child protection and child protection in emergencies, Standard Operating Procedures for Child Protection Case Management (CP CM SOPs) and other national/international guidelines and tools for education and child protection.
Strong training and capacity-building skills, particularly using participatory techniques for training on different components of CP programming. Previous experience conducting training in case management, CP information management system desirable.
the gross salary for this position is ( 1,725 $) before Social Security and Income tax deduction .
- Advanced university degree in Law
- A first-level university degree in combination with two more years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Proof of Legal Syndicate ID
- Proof of Bar Membership
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience (ideally in humanitarian context in Iraq) with an NGO or INGO.
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic, English language skills would be an asset.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to work independently while remaining a strong team player.
- Willingness to live, adapt and productively work in insecure, unstable and/or harsh environments.
- Flexibility, adaptability and high work capacity to ensure activities and technical management/coordination support in a timely manner to achieve project results.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills.
- Competent knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Advanced Degree in Law in combination with two or more years of qualifying work experienceanitarian context in Iraq) of working with an NGO or INGO
- Raising awareness within the Foundation on violence against children.
- Providing guidance to employees and others and defining expectations when it comes to preventing, raising, denouncing and responding to issues of child abuse.
- Reducing the risk of child abuse by selectively recruiting employees and others.
Reducing the risk of child abuse by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children.
If you are interested in apply on this position , please submit your application through the following link:
Source : NGOs Jobs & Bids