Program Overview: Chemonics International, a US-based international development consulting firm, seeks a Procurement and Logistics Specialist for the USAID Iraq Together project. Iraq Together aims to provide more equitable, efficient, and sustainable public services in Iraq, as well as improving government responsiveness to citizens’ needs and demands. Objectives of this project include working with the Government of Iraq (GOI) to improve service delivery and strengthen democratic and participatory governance.
Position Overview: The Procurement and Logistics Associate will be responsible for leading the technical and operational procurement processes on Iraq Together, in coordination with the Operations Director and their team. The individual will ensure quality standards are met, and all procurements are cost-effective and compliant with USAID rules and regulations, Chemonics policies and procedures, and Iraqi government laws. This role will oversee the full procurement cycle, including support to the program teams as required, and lead the logistical operations of the project activities and office facilities. This position is open to Iraqi nationals residing in Baghdad, Iraq.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preserve the integrity of the procurement process, including drafting project procurement documents including all solicitations, negotiation memos, consents to subcontract, and applicable waivers
- Maintain organized and concise procurement files that document project compliance with USAID rules and regulations, Chemonics policies and procedures, as well as local, third country, or US government rules that affect the procurement process
- Provide guidance to technical and operational staff on procurement/compliance policies, in particular those contained in FAR, CFR, ADS, and AIDAR regulating procurement
- Enforce clear and transparent procurement procedures
- Work directly with local, regional, or international vendors and service providers to obtain quotations and/or to conduct procurements of commodities or services
- Monitor contracts and purchase orders and conduct follow-up as necessary to ensure compliance with terms and conditions
- Compile all required documentation to facilitate payment requests
- Organize and participate in internal evaluation committees
- Monitor for any procurement-related conflict of interest and ensure the project’s procurement process is open and transparent
- Work with project leadership to answer any questions or provide USAID with any requested information about project procurements
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of procurement, subcontracts and grants required
- Experience working for USAID or other donor funded projects strongly preferred
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of procurement procedures of international organizations
- Strong organizational, management, and administrative skills
- Willingness and ability to work efficiently and respectfully with a diverse group of people
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel, Word, SharePoint, and Outlook
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Proficiency in written and oral Arabic and English is required; written and oral fluency in Kurdish, and other local languages is a plus, but not required
To apply please fill out this form: Iraq Together Job Application Form (smartsheet.com)
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Source : NGOs Jobs & Bids