Job Title: Field Monitor
Contract Duration: Three (3) months - renewable
Duty Station: Mosul, Ninewa, Iraq
Travel required: 50%
Brief description of the organization
Al Mesalla for Human Resources Development is a non-governmental organization established in 2004 registered in Baghdad and Erbil with headquarters located in Erbil. The organization is working at disseminating a culture of human rights and peace building in Iraq and the Kurdistan Region. The organization is currently working along 3 programs: A non-violence and peace building program developing peace capacities within the community; a women and Gender program empowering women to take an active role in the community and a Human Rights Program which focuses especially on enhancing freedom of expression. Since June 2014, Al Mesalla developed services to the growing refugee and displaced community settling in the Kurdish Region of Iraq by participating to distributing emergency support and establishing empowerment and livelihoods programs for displaced women in particular.
Transformative Justice is a project which is being implemented in West Mosul and West Ninewa by Al-Mesalla Organization to achieve objectives of Transformative Justice, Social Cohesion, Conflict Management, Human Rights. The local focal point (LFP) will work in coordination with the project coordinator, other LFPs, Community Mobilizers. The project will support Youth Groups’ Development and provide them sub-grants to implement relevant activities.
- Coordinate with Project Coordinator and other Project Staff to implement the project in effective and productive manner.
- Coordinate with youth groups, and facilitate their participation in the project.
- Coordinate with relevant stockholders and partners to lead the project in collaborative and smoothly manner.
- Facilitate dialogue and seminars on different topics such as development policies; protect human and environmental rights, equal opportunities between men and women.
- Build strong relationships with Iraqi institutions in order to enhance the communications channels between the Iraqi population and Iraqi institutions.
- Volunteer work when needed is a part of TOR
Monitoring and Reporting
- Monitoring the project activities and training to ensure that meet with project plan through regular field visits and constant follow-up with the Community Mobilizers.
- Follow up with project staff to prepare monthly plan and reports and promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- In order to identify the challenges and success stories, the LFP should meet with the team regularly.
- Provide high quality of activity and training reports.
- Conduct data collection activities as per the project plan.
- Engage with affected individuals and communities to gather evidence and stories.
- Document findings accurately and ethically, ensuring data confidentiality.
- Regularly report to the project manager on progress and challenges.
- Facilitate workshops and other field tasks when needed.
- Adhere to ethical and safety guidelines during field activities.
- Starting from October 2024, the monitors directly support the Network of Advocacy (which is established by SCC program), communicate the comprehensive and narrative reports about the evidences, and play a vital role in the evidence-based advocacy activities and campaigns, as they collected the evidences and coordinated with relevant stakeholders so they have the full picture of each case.
- Responsible for managing the Project Center in West Ninewa in coordination with Project Coordinator and Al-Mesalla’s Office Manager in Mosul.
- Lead the planning, implementation and reporting for activities and trainings in collaboration with Community Mobilizers.
- Prepare and submit the monthly Procurement, HR and Finance documents in coordination with Procurement Officer, HR, and the accountants.
- Prepare logistic needs for project activities and the trainings, in collaboration with Logistic and Procurement team.
- Prepare monthly plan and reports to the Project Coordinator.
- In collaboration with project staff work on selecting the trainings participants.
- Perform such other duties may be assigned.
- University degree preferably in relevant subjects (Law, Social Sciences, International Relations, etc.).
- Previous professional experience in NGOs is desirable.
- Have a sufficient knowledge of Gender-related humanitarian work and goals.
- Required excellent oral and written Arabic. English and Kurdish are desirable
- To be aware of the context of West Mosul situation.
- To have a good reputation in the community, and to engage with the community and follow up their requirements and problems.
- Previous experience in empowering capacity building and/or training programs for adults.
- Proven capacities to plan activities successfully targeting results and objectives
- Previous experience working under pressure and/or in hardship duty station
- Team working skills and proactive attitude
- Excellent computer literacy skills
- Previous experience in advocacy and campaigning
- Previous experience in managing sub-grants
Applicants and/or successful interview candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
Al-Mesalla is an Equal Opportunity Employer Al-Mesalla considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
NOTE:- Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements or received after closing date will not be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Due to the urgency, Al-Mesalla reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above-mentioned deadline How TO APPLY This vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals.
Our commitment to PSEA begins with recruitment and selection. We have rigorous procedures in place to ensure that individuals with a history of sexual exploitation or abuse are not employed or engaged in any capacity within our organization.
How to apply
Submit your CV as a PDF or WORD to (firstname.lastname@example.org). Other formats rather than PDF or WORD will consider corrupted and will lead to neglect application.
Subject : Field Monitor - Mosul
Source : NGOs Jobs & Bids