About Sesame Workshop
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit media and educational organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering television show that has been reaching and teaching children since 1969. Today, Sesame Workshop is an innovative force for change, with a mission to help kids everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. We’re active in more than 150 countries, serving vulnerable children through a wide range of media, formal education, and philanthropically-funded social impact programs, each grounded in rigorous research and tailored to the needs and cultures of the communities we serve. For more information, please visit www.sesameworkshop.org.
Objective of the position:
Finance Officer who will reports to the Director of Operations, he/she will record/track all the day-to-day financial operations of our Erbil-Based team with accuracy and ensures the compliance with financial/accounting procedures of Sesame Workshop International – Iraq. This is an incredible opportunity to support a dynamic team focused on delivering educational media content to children.
- Process of income tax and social security monthly and quarterly payments.
- Check support documents of expenses based on SW applied policies and procedures and archiving properly for efficient access and retrieve data.
- Prepare and maintain financial records, including budgets, expenditures (payroll, staff expenses and procurement), and suppliers registration and record transactions in QuickBooks system.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payments, invoices, and financial transactions.
- Monitor cash flow and manage banking transactions.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports, cash and bank reconciliation and statements.
- Create and maintain filing systems, both electronic and physical
- Collaborate with program team to develop project budgets.
- Monitor budget execution and provide regular reports on budget vs. actuals.
- Assist in the development of annual organizational budgets.
- Ensure compliance with donor guidelines and financial regulations.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports for donors.
- Support external audits and ensure all financial documentation is in order.
- Analyze financial data to provide insights and recommendations for cost savings and efficiency improvements.
- Assist in financial forecasting and planning activities.
- At least 3 years’ experience in accounting and finance
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Advanced computer literacy particularly in MS Excel and Word.
- Fluency in English, Arabic and Kurdish is essential.
- Experience in using financial software, particularly QuickBooks, is considered an advantageous asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to flex works schedule to accommodate international time zones as required.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their complete application file (CV) and sending it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and follows below requirements:
- Please indicate “Finance Officer-Erbil” in the e-mail subject.
- Only PDF and Word Format Applications will be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Source : NGOs Jobs & Bids