1- Implement the activities under the RISE project (child protection, education):
- Collect essential data and information for the selection of beneficiaries and the conducting of program assessments, for the implementation of the program, through home visits, field surveys, and phone call follow-ups.
- Coordinate with SPO on the selection of new areas for the identification of orphan families in Mosul and Mosul.
- Participate in the assessment and the selection of children with the supervision of SPO based on the diagnosis of their vulnerability to integrate them into the program.
- Facilitation of parenting support sessions with guardians and awareness sessions with orphan children on:
- Conduct awareness/ information sessions with parents/ guardians and children on the importance of education, child rights, child responsibilities, child protection, and any other approved child protection related materials and topics
- Conduct life skills support sessions with parents/ guardians, young orphaned children, and their siblings on early childhood marriages, stress management, parenting skills, reproductive health, self-care, and any other approved child protection related materials and topics.
Collaborate with PA for organizing life-skills sessions
- Organize socio-cultural and recreational activities for orphaned children and their siblings and conduct group PSS sessions for the orphan children and their caregivers.
- Conduct social initiative activities as per the project and management request.
- Celebrate international and global humanitarian days by preparing and conducting field activities in coordination with the team and the SPO.
- Ensure development/ update of child protection case management referral pathways/ service mappings.
- The identification of vulnerable orphan children and refer to case management for individual counselling and provision of case management support according to the SIF’s case management SOP.
- Identification of the most vulnerable families internally refers to the livelihood part of the project.
- Assist families in opening a bank/ e-wallet accounts to receive the monthly sponsorship.
- Identify the needs of households in terms of children's education (materials, school support, enrolment assistance, etc.)
- Distribute school and other kits to beneficiaries as per plan. Coordinate with PA to organize the material through a livelihood approach.
- Conduct regular home visits to orphan families to follow up on their social well-being and livelihood activities and collaborate with the rest of the teams to inform them about the families’ needs and ensure support accordingly.
- Identify school-related needs and support the children and caregivers on managing the school-related issues and demands (inscription, transport, material, attendance, results, school guidance).
- Organize and conduct monitoring visits with schools to verify children's enrolment status in schooling and follow up with children and guardians to check their schooling results, and ensure their successful continuation into the schools.
2- Implement the activities under the Seasonal Projects:
- Identification and selection of beneficiaries for seasonal
- Conduct Household/beneficiary assessments for seasonal projects.
- Conduct the distribution of items in the assigned areas.
- Maintain a record of beneficiaries for the distributions.
3- Monitoring, evaluation and project reporting
- Write reports on field activities after each activity.
- Report to the Senior Projects Officer on the progress of activities and potential difficulties on a monthly basis and as per request.
- Participate in capacity building activities, training, and exchange of best practices.
- Preparation of success stories periodically.
- Monthly tracking Report of all program team activities.
4- Reporting to Donors
- Participate in the preparation of the annual individual reports of sponsored orphaned children and upload the reports to the SIF reporting platform.
- Ensure the quality and veracity of the information about orphans entered on Salesforce.
- Update annually the information about the orphaned children’s profiles on Salesforce.
- In compliance with internal regulations and data protection protocols, keep accurate means of verification (MOVs) for project activities, such as data, attendance sheets, activity reports, orphan profiles, and agreements.
5- Implementation of the SIF Child Safeguarding Policy
- Contribute to the mapping of child safeguarding risks for the sponsorship project, the identification of measures to manage these risks, their implementation, and monitoring.
- Ensure that only essential data to the program is collected and managed in accordance with the principles of “Confidentiality” and "Best interests of the Child".
6- Any other tasks as assigned by the Senior Projects Officer
University Degree in a related field (e.g. Social Work, Psychology, English language or equivalent is an asset).
- Minimum of 1 year of professional experience in child protection, social work, or similar experience in child education programs, and social support in general.
- Experience with sponsored orphaned children is considered an asset
- Experience in social work, especially in case management
- Technical expertise in child protection
- Teamwork skills
- Organizational skills
- Time management
- Communication skills with children
Proficiency in Arabic language, intermediate level in English, and Kurdish is a plus.
Knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet research methods
- Professional Ethics and Practices
- Adhere to and promote SIF policies, including the Child Protection Policy (CPP), ensure that child protection and child safeguarding standards are met and comply with the SIF Code of Conduct
- Adhere to the principles of confidentiality and non-discrimination in all circumstances
- Personal qualities
- Ability to work collaboratively with local communities
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and interdisciplinary team
- Ability to stand back, analyse, and think critically
- Patience, diplomacy, negotiation skills
- Rigor and professionalism
- Autonomy and initiative
- Versatility, adaptability
- Honesty and discretion in the work environment
- Ability to work with a diverse and vulnerable public
Please send your motivation letter and English CV by email to:
Clearly demonstrate how you meet the qualifications for this position, no later than February 15th, 2024
**CVs without the subject line "Social Worker - Mosul" will not be considered.
The application CVs will be on a rolling basis.
Links to CVs will not be taken into consideration.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Source : NGOs Jobs & Bids