The social worker is responsible for implementing case management and psychosocial activities in detention centres and in the communities in Baghdad and other governorates, if required. S/he works under the direct supervision of the Access to Justice Supervisor with technical support from the A2J project manager (PM) and Coordinator
Main responsibilities :
- Assessing strengths and weaknesses in a participant's performance and identifying areas for further development;
- Adapting to the needs and interests of group or individual participants;
- Communicating instructions and commands using clear, simple language;
- Demonstrating an activity by breaking the task down into a sequence;
- Encouraging participants to gain and develop skills, knowledge and techniques;
- Inspiring confidence and self-belief;
- Acting as a role model, to build trust and inspire authoritativeness in children and youth;
- Working to a high legal and ethical standard at all times, particularly in relation to issues such as child safeguarding and health and safety requirements.
- Regularly arrange assessment and ask the feedback
2. Awareness raising
- Mobilize the relevant community members
- Conduct dialogue with the communities in order for them to identify a strategy for the reintegration of children in contact with the law
3. Coordination with other teams and services
- Conduct and regularly update service mapping and develop a referral pathway, in coordination and as requested by line manager
- Disseminate information regarding available resources and services provided in the area of intervention and other areas
- Work in coordination with other teams to identify child protection concerns and children in need of case management services
4. Resource management, data management, and reporting
- Use programme resources effectively and with care
- Ensure proper record keeping of cases, ensuring confidentiality, and ensure that data collected is received and recorded by the data management staff in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identify logistic and admin support needs related to the case management activities, and communicates these to the relevant log/admin support person, with the knowledge of his/her supervisor.
- Ensure appropriate management and storage of program material, equipment, information.
5. Problem-solving and team work
- Contribute to the management of programme activities, according to the strategies communicated by line managers and the overall programme manager, in order to reach programme objectives
- Develop common priority actions leading to solutions to the identified problems
- Identify the problems associated with the delivery of the programme and inform line manager, HR, logistics, beneficiaries in accordance with line manager’s orientations
- Attend and take part in the meetings necessary for passing on information for the smooth running of activities
- Help line manager in setting up the activities schedule every week
- Attend relevant trainings on Access to justice, Protection, Child Protection, Case Management, CCCM and others, in accordance with the line management
Required Competencies: This function requires the mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC)
- Good command of Arabic and English are required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (social work, psychology, education, social sciences, etc.).
- Superior organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and to take initiative, with a result-oriented approach and positive attitude.
- At least two years of humanitarian experience is required. Previous NGO experience, and especially case management experience, is a distinct advantage.
- The ability to communicate effectively with children and adults, local authorities and other partners, and express oneself in a clear and concise way.
- Proficient capacity building skills and previous capacity building experience.
- Good knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word and MS.
- Ability to work in unstable, uncertain or potentially dangerous environments, independently and in a team.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Salah Ad-Din other parts of Iraq.
- Strong cross-cultural communication and resilience skills.
- The post holder must know, implement and promote humanitarian principles and specifically child protection principles and information management principles.
- The post holder is polite, respectful, honest, punctual (and respects deadlines), creative, pacifist, proactive, committed and – during office hours – non-political. S/he is in constant exchange with colleagues and supervisors, communicates problems and enriches discussions. S/he treats people of different religion, age, sex, and economic status appropriate and equally and actively ensures their wellbeing and raises his/her voice when required. S/he is willing to improve own capacities and is open for all topics Tdh is working on to actively contribute to a comprehensive programme implementation.
- S/he uses Tdh equipment, vehicles, resources and premises economically and responsibly. S/he positively represents Tdh towards beneficiaries, stakeholders and the general public.
Child Safeguarding Policy
- Raising awareness within the Foundation on violence against children.
- Providing guidance to employees and others and defining expectations when it comes to preventing, raising, denouncing and responding to issues of child abuse.
- Reducing the risk of child abuse by selectively recruiting employees and others.
Reducing the risk of child abuse by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children.
Interested candidates can apply by filling the form through the
link TDH-Application Form-PSS Facilitator – Terre des hommes Iraq – Hiring
Please note this advertisement is on rolling basis and if the position been filled before the announced deadline the vacancy will be closed
Best of Luck !
Source : NGO Coordination Committee for Iraq