No longer available to submit
لم يعد متاحا لتقديم
Job Title: Grants and Partnership Senior Officer
Job In Erbil
Company: SAMS Foundation
Start Date: 2023-11-07
End Date: 2023-11-22
Senior Grants and Partnership Officer
Number of positions open:
Last date for application:
Program Manager, NES Focal Point, Health Technical Manager
The Grants and Partnerships Senior Officer is responsible for program development, administration, partnerships and compliance within the context of Iraq and the North East Syria. Under the supervision of Programs Manager, their primary responsibilities include cultivating relationships with potential donors and partners, participating in the development of funding proposals, participate in the coordination of the program start-up and monitoring, ensuring compliance with donor regulations, and maintaining a thorough filing system. The ideal candidate should possess a bachelor's degree in a related field, have three years of relevant work experience, and be proficient in drafting project proposals and reports. Familiarity with donor agency regulations and strong communication skills are preferred. The senior officer should be capable of working under pressure, prioritizing tasks, and collaborating effectively in cross-functional teams. Proficiency in English and Arabic is required, and competencies in grants/partnerships cycle management, proposal development, report writing, remote management tools, and MS Office are essential for success in this role. Prior experience in health, mental health, psychosocial support, gender-based violence, or medical education programs is a plus.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Support Iraq/NES Office in positioning with potential donors/partners
- Map and cultivate strategic relationships with potential donors and partners in Iraq/NES
- Participate in the development a of concept notes, proposals, grants reports, narrative and financial share to private and institutional donors to seek medium to large multi-year funding opportunities for integrated sustainable programming.
- Share all grant reports with technical and general supervisor for review 72 hours before deadlines.
- Participate in the development and management of proposal and report development calendar
- Participate in meetings with existing and potential donors and coordinate follow-up actions within SAMS to build and maintain these relationships
- Act as a focal point for grants with partners once assigned
- Review budgets that are part of proposals, to ensure reasonable, allowable, and allocable costs, and congruence with program narrative.
- Review and edit specific sections/annexes of proposals and provide support for proposal submission, as assigned.
- Participate in after-action reviews after proposals are submitted, to improve efficiency of internal processes and quality of proposal submissions
- Participate in review and development of annual Business Development and Operational Plans, working closely with colleagues in Iraq/NES, regional office and and HQ Programs
- Coordinate new grant-funded program start-up (kickoff meeting, compliance tracker, etc.) in coordination with Programs and Operations colleagues in Iraq, Regional Office and Headquarters, ensuring that Iraq Office has all of the necessary knowledge and tools required to manage programs, in compliance with donor regulations.
- Monitor project progress through monthly and quarterly review of internal project management tools – indicator tracking tables, financial pipelines, M&E reporting, work plans, compliance trackers, etc.
- Liaise with existing donors of grant-funded programs, providing them regular updates on project progress
- Participate in the review of required donor narrative reporting
- Coordinate review and submission of donor financial and inventory reports
- Ensure close-out checklists are completed and filed for each award
- Support Programs, Finance and Operations in management and monitoring of partners (grantees and sub-grantees), including review of reports and participation in progress review meetings, as well as support for delivery of capacity-building for partners.
- Participate in the partners due diligence and vetting
- Support HQ and Iraq office in preparation for internal/external audits
- Maintain complete and accurate filing system for all active, closed grants, and proposals and contribute to data entry in Grants Management System
- Review the grant documents and advise the senior management on donor compliance, policies and procedures as relevant and required.
- Support Iraq office in partner selection process, through coordination and review of pre-award assessments
- Participate in review of incoming and outgoing grant agreements, partner agreements, modifications, MOUs, and pre-award letters, as needed
- Promote compliance with Grants Management manual and support country offices to strengthen internal controls and risk mitigation mechanisms related to grant management, safeguarding, HR, finance, security and procurement
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Promote and model a positive, professional, and respectful office culture.
Mandatory Qualifications required
- University Degree in Business management or related area
- 3 years and above experience in grants and partnership preferably with INGOs or community-based organizations
- Experience with donor regulations
- Fluency written and spoken in
- Fluency written and spoken English.
- Kurdish language is an asset.
- Grants/partnership cycle management.
- Proposal development.
- Strong organizational skills and team management.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (word, excel, PowerPoint).
Kindly, Submit your resume and cover letter via the link below:
SAMS Foundations highly encourages people with disabilities to apply!
Source : NGO Coordination Committee for Iraq